Sunday, October 14, 2012

Walking Into Another World


I don't know where to begin. I am at a total lose for words. I know I should share this experience with you, I just don't know how.

I took my wife to work this morning. After a few events I decided to stay at her workplace until she was finished with work, I didn't want to waste anymore gas. I had originally planned to go on a walk using my iPhone app to keep track of it. I like to use Runkeeper to keep track of my walks and submit them to Fitocracy. That didn't work as my Runkeeper app wouldn't start. I sat down and fiddled with it for the next twenty minutes. I finally gave up and decided to listen to one of the many Pagan podcasts I have on my phone. Specifically I was listening to Peter's Crooked Path Episode 28, not to be confused with The Crooked Path...even though they are the same thing by the same person. It's a long story, if you want to know more about it go to Peter's blog.

The episode is about invoking the Gods. In this case invoking is meant in its more original use in Witchcraft as full on possession of the practitioner. I won't get too far into this, go listen to the show. I have done something similar but never with something as powerful as a God.

As some of you may or may not know my wife works at a historic home. This gave me a perfect opportunity to walk around in a beautiful place as it also doubles as a public park. I ended up around the historic house. I walked right past it and went into the house's garden. I say the house's garden because they have several all over the property. The vegetable section of the garden had just been fallowed so the only things left were the herbs and flowers. As I was walking into the garden, mashing the freshly turned up earth with my shoes, the invocations began. At first I didn't think too much about it. Then Peter started talking, no, the God starting speaking. Something in me clicked. Something all too familiar was dancing in my head. This didn't sound fake. I know, I know, "It didn't sound fake? How can you tell it didn't sound fake?" Well, go listen! No, seriously, I will wait. Back? Good. Something about it just felt real. I know it's odd to say I felt something when I wasn't in the ritual. But there was just this sense of power and awe that came through and that was just a recording.


Walking around in the garden, on the edges of the woods, listening to these invocations was just amazing. Also with being surrounded with all of the 18th century farm equipment and the smell of the herbs in the air I felt like I was in another world all together. I haven't felt like this since I went on a very personal trip to the other world as I call it. It's a long story but I might post about how to do that later on. Then out of what seemed no where, he came. Herne. Not to me, not where I was, but into Peter. Herne is not s God I work with but one I have met more times then I have wanted to. It was him. The same person, the same God, I have met. The way he spoke, the way he acted. My first thought was "Oh no, not you again." Luckily for me it was just a recording, but that's when I knew this wasn't a fake. Being in the other world, the tween space, or whatever you call it is a very interesting thing. There you feel like you can do anything. It didn't hurt that it was about to storm so there was thunder in the air along with strong winds. I felt a connection that I had just not felt in months due to my mundane life chocking the life out of me lately. I felt absolutely re-energized and full of purpose again.

Now what? Where do I do from here? I have some serious questions to find the answers to. In the last few days I feel as if I am being pulled out of my my mundane life again. Ever since I started dialysis I have felt trapped, but now I feel like my life is getting back on track.

I know this has very little to do with the topic of the blog, but this blog is also a record of me.

I just want to take this moment to say thank you to Peter, that was just the kick in the pants I needed.

So get up and do something!
May the Gods watch over you all,
Snow Wolf

No comments: